Orthopedic Careers In ND
At The Bone & Joint Center, we are always looking for qualified and compassionate professionals to join our team of dedicated providers and staff. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where you can truly make a difference in the lives of patients, then The Bone & Joint Center in North Dakota is the place for you.
If you are interested in applying for any of the employment opportunities listed below, please apply online now.
The Bone & Joint Center offers a competitive salary, health and life insurance, and profit sharing.
Current Job Opportunities
The Bone & Joint Center is hiring for a Full Time R.N. The position will directly support one specialty provider and traveling providers. The hours are approximately Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
General Summary: Orthopedic nurse is responsible for providing orthopedic care to patients. This care includes evaluating, assessing and providing treatment under the physician’s direction.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Evaluate, assess and provide treatment under physician’s direction.
- Apply and remove splints, casts and dressings.
- Administer IM and subcutaneous injections as indicated.
- Proficient at ordering proper radiology films for physician’s interpretation.
- Coordinate patient care with ancillary personnel (physical therapy, occupational therapy, appointment scheduling, radiology, surgery scheduling, home health, home infusion and wound care).
- Call into pharmacy prescriptions ordered by physicians and midlevels.
- Coordinate surgical equipment needs with hospital operating room staff.
- Remove surgical sutures, staples and percutaneous pins.
- Complete coding information as directed by physician.
- Complete office charge tickets upon the completion of office procedures.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of orthopedic anatomy and terminology.
- Knowledge of common orthopedic conditions.
- Knowledge of common orthopedic surgeries.
- Knowledge of common medications used during the treatment of orthopedic patients (particularly analgesics, anti-inflammatories and antibiotics).
- Ability to effectively communicate with other medical providers and ancillary personnel.
- Proficient to manage stressful situations.
- Proficient in prioritizing job functions according to patient and physician need.
- Proficient in educating patients and coordinating patient care.
- Proficient with office equipment such as computers, dictaphones, fax machines and copy machines.
- A member of the Allied Health Professional Staff at St. Alexius Medical Center with privileges to apply and remove casts and splints, dressing changes, assess wounds and pulling drains per physician’s order.
- Provides direct and/or indirect patient care orientated toward improving or maintaining health and preventing illnesses.
- Maintains and updates patient charts, records and information.
- Assesses patient needs. Develops and implements plans to meet those needs.
- Communicates with others regarding patient’s status and progress to provide education, guidance, case management and follow-up.
- Provides consultation, makes recommendations, gives appropriate advice and/or facilitates decisions.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Supplies: Order medical supplies and see that the shelves are kept stocked on a weekly basis for the clinic.
Education: Orthopedic nurse must be a graduate of an accredited college and hold a current license to practice as an LPN/RN.
Experience: Orthopedic experience is preferred.
Job Type: Full-time