Orthopedic Careers In ND
At The Bone & Joint Center, we are always looking for qualified and compassionate professionals to join our team of dedicated providers and staff. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where you can truly make a difference in the lives of patients, then The Bone & Joint Center in North Dakota is the place for you.
If you are interested in applying for any of the employment opportunities listed below, please apply online now.
The Bone & Joint Center offers a competitive salary, health and life insurance, and profit sharing.
Current Job Opportunities
Position requires utilization of clinical knowledge to schedule appropriate procedures/surgeries per provider’s orders. The Surgical Scheduler must schedule office based and hospital procedures consistent with the patient’s diagnosis and procedure request. Also requires excellent customer service skills with patients, employees, and the public. The Surgical Scheduler must be able to respond to both written and oral correspondence regarding scheduling changes/cancellations in a timely, accurate manner. Individual must be organized, and be able to manage demanding workload with accuracy. To succeed in this position, you will need a working knowledge of DME programs, Compliance and HIPAA laws.
Schedules office and hospital based medical procedures, for patients with appropriate provider and time/location slot, utilizing appropriate scheduling code.
- Schedules diagnostic and imaging tests to be completed at PMG. Schedules office and hospital based medical procedures, tests and imaging ensuring available time is utilized to maximum efficiency.
- Interfaces with appropriate vendor staff to ensure all necessary equipment will be on site for office and hospital based procedures, including scheduling with contracted anesthesia groups.
- Interfaces with appropriate hospital staff to ensure a cohesive working relationship in providing patient care serves
- Enters notes/special instructions needed for scheduling in the electronic medical record.
- Effectively utilizes clinical knowledge when determining if appointment is consistent with the diagnosis/indications indicated by the provider.
- Completes accurate documentation of informed consent with patients for procedures and surgeries as needed.
- Provides accurate, detailed information to patients regarding test preparations, time of patients scheduled arrival, and any other directional information needed; takes appropriate action in responding to questions from patients.
- Confirms patient’s insurance provider and either obtains prior authorization or communicates need for prior authorization to appropriate parties as needed.
- Ensures patients have proper medical clearance and pre-surgical testing as needed.
- Completes pre-procedure phone calls and confirms appointment times with patients via telephone.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Knowledge of medical terminology
Experience with insurance and knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid guidelines and strong skills in insurance verification
Knowledge of BJC payer contracts and policies
Highly developed attention to detail and organization skills are essential
Multitasking to meet deadlines
Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, and Excel, and general business equipment
Excellent communication skills to write professional correspondence via letters or e-mail
Preferred candidates will also have experience working with clearinghouse acceptance and rejection reports and/or experience with DME.
BJC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.