Patient Safety Message
- We are requesting that all patients and visitors wear a face mask.
- In an effort to keep everyone safe, we are asking all patients/visitors to NOT enter the building, and instead call to reschedule appointments if the following apply to you:
- Experiencing flu-like symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath)
- Travel identified as a Level 3 risk by the CDC with a return date in the past 14 day
- In our sustained efforts to reduce person-to-person contact, we have been reducing the number of elective surgeries in our facilities.
- Please refrain from bringing extra non-essential visitors with to your appointment
- We will now be offering office visits via telephone with any of Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and/or Physician Assistants.
We will continue taking extra precautions to provide the safest environment possible for our patients and staff.
The steps to protect yourself from Coronavirus (COVID-19) are generally the same as those for the flu:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid close contact with sick people.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or your elbow.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a household cleaning spray or wipe.
For information on prevention, symptoms and what to do if you’re feeling sick, please call the North Dakota Department of Health COVID-19 Hotline at 1-866-207-2880.
Thank you for your understanding and support. Our patients will always be our top priority, and although this was a difficult decision, we believe it is necessary in order to preserve the long-term health and well-being of our patients and care teams.